CANDID AND INSPIRING SPEAKERS + INTERACTIVE WORKSHOPS
Speakers: Students hear an initial presentation by a certified, young adult speaker with life experience with teenage depression and/or anxiety. We proudly partner with the Minding Your Mind Foundation to provide the in-school speakers.
Workshops: Topics include: stress, signs and symptoms of mental illness, brain development, active listening, how to seek help for one’s self or for another, a healthy and positive relationship with social media, and mindfulness practices.
Would you like to know more about this program or how to bring it to your school? Let us know!
We are proud to serve the following schools:
- Atlee High School – Hanover County Public School
- Collegiate School – Private School
- Deep Run High School – Henrico County Public School
- Godwin High School – Henrico County Public School
- Goochland High School – Goochland County Public School
- Monacan High School – Chesterfield County Public School
- Midlothian High School – Chesterfield County Public School
- Maggie Walker Governor’s School – serving Metro Richmond
- Millwood School – Private School
- Open High School – Richmond Public Schools
- St. Christopher’s – Private School
- St. Mary's Episcopal – Private School
- St. Michael's School – Private School
- Steward School – Private School
- Thomas Jefferson High School – Richmond Public Schools
- Trinity Episcopal High School – Private School
We are proud to serve the following community organizations:
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Beacon Tree
- Change the World RVA
- Children's Hospital of Richmond at VCU
- Comfort Zone Camp
- Communities in Schools
- Children’s Mental Health Resource Center
- Friendship Circle
- Jenkins Foundation
- McShin Foundation
ABOUT THE MINDING YOUR MIND SPEAKERS
Minding Your Mind's Speaker
Listen to Drew's powerful message about his own personal experience with mental health struggles and the positive turn his life took after he chose to SpeakUp.
Minding Your Mind’s primary objective is to provide mental health education to adolescents, teens, and young adults, as well as parents, teachers, and school administrators. Our goal is to break the silence, to reduce the stigma and destructive behaviors often associated with mental health issues and illnesses, and to move away from crisis-based response to prevention through education.