"Cameron worked her magic in 2016"
What a year Cameron delivered for her Foundation. She provided resources and erased stigmas, and continues to SpeakUp about mental illness. In RVA and beyond, CKG provided innovative programs, new parent involvement opportunities, and expanded the race series to help fulfill her mission and vision. In and around her office, more events, visitors and team members are making her dream a reality. We can’t wait to see what she has in store for 2017.
Here’s a quick snapshot of CKG Foundation’s 2016. Whereas we can never capture the myriad of meaningful moments, the real connections made, or the depth of our gratitude and enthusiasm for what is to come, we can sit back and reflect: Well done, CKG, my good and faithful servant.
We exceeded all of our “We Will” action statements for the year and are pleased to say, “We did it!” And then some.
- Contributed $50,000 to the Virginia Treatment Center for Children.
- Brought Minding Your Mind, a fully vetted innovative peer-to-peer solution model to help teens deal with stress, anxiety and depression to five schools.
- Offered mindfulness programs to teens at the office on a regular basis.
- Created parent chat events to offer more information about mindfulness and other available programs.
- Expanded our race series to include Tampa, Florida.
Plans for 2017 are in full swing. We always save some space for the wonderful surprises Cameron has in store. Lock step with her dream at our core—and shoulder-to-shoulder with our team, the amazing support from our Board, sponsors and the communities we serve—magic is certainly in store.